Monday, June 20, 2005

As soon as I walked out the door at work today, my teeth started chattering. By the time I reached my car, my entire body was trembling. This did not bode well for the ride home.

I was jumpy and scared the whole time, and though I didn't stall once, I did freak myself and others out with rumblings and screeches about 924 times. When I drive, some part of me hopes that something will happen to the car--nothing drastic or dangerous or my fault--so that I don't have to drive it anymore.

Three times I've had cops behind me, and I keep imagining that someone has called-in a horrible driver and that the cops are trailing me, waiting for me to mess up so they can pull me over and arrest me. I'm always disappointed when they turn or pass me. I kind of hope they'll take away my license.

Once again, I got home and I was soaked. I bought a shirt today during lunch and changed into it in the Starbucks bathroom because I was feeling frumpy. It is white and flowy and lovely. And now covered in sweat stains because I am a nervous freak.

This car is ruining my life. I am going to quit Hollywood just so I can move back home and have an excuse to sell it.