Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Praveen, friend from back East (ha!) arranged for his bff Matt, who lives in LA, to teach me how to drive. This was very nice of Matt to agree to, and very nice of Prav to set up, though I would like to point out that he arranged driving 101 for me not because he was concerned for the physical well being of myself and others or the state of my mental health in light of of the events of the past week, but because he was sick of hearing me whine. You know, fyi.

I was an hour late meeting Matt because one, I couldn't drive, and two, I got lost. I think he was only like, 64% pissed. Whatever. He still taught me about life and cars and the friction point and releasing the clutch and rpm and all things having to do with not killing yourself or others while operating a motor vehicle. Basically, I can now go from a complete stop on a hill to driving withiout rolling back very far and also without using my emergency brake, which, coincidently, does not work. So, I am a master driver now, and now the life of fabulous in LA can continue without interruption.