Saturday, June 25, 2005

The pervasive theme of the past few days has been, uh, what am I doing here.

I like going to the office where I intern and feeling like I am helping out, etc, but I don't really see it as any sort of means to an end, so it doesn't seem a reason to justify my move here. The job search is lame. I went to this shopping area called The Grove yesterday and finally applied for the Gap and Banana Republic and Jcrew. I have a group interview next week. I was given a preview when the manager at the Gap asked me to tell him what integrity means to me, and what I thought the meaning of customer service is. Good thing I majored in bullshit.

Whatever. Last night Greg invited a bunch of peeps over to feast on homemade sushi. I ate a tofu bologna sandwich because raw fish seems suspect enough when it hasn't been prepared in a kitchen used primarily by three guys with unsavory hygiene habits. Our neighbors from across the hall came over. One is a musician, the other an actor. I dug. They are cool. Hopefully they aren't food poisoned by sushi. I feel like that would start off our friendship in a not good way.