Sunday, July 24, 2005

After a zillion revisions, have finally emailed style report to boss lady. Have never really revised anything before. Am progressing as a human being.

In other news, car won't start again but as is parked up in hills in a non-tow-away zone, I'm not going to deal with it right now. I'll think about it tomorrow. Like Scarlett O'Hara. Though I'm dealing with a Lemon, not Reconstruction. Hm.

Yesterday in the grocerystore to buy ingredients for my healthy lifestyle, I wore my new sunglasses. I am basically positive that someone thought I was Mary Kate. Or at least Nicky Hilton.

I met a little girl in the cereal isle. She was four, and when I asked where her Mommy was, she said she had no Mommy and no Daddy either. Then her mom walked up and said earlier she told someone her baby brother was dead, and she'd never had a baby brother. She is fantastic. I want to be her friend. I expect big things.

Right now the roommates are reading the trades and discussing the weekend's box office figures. I really don't know why this is interesting to them, but it is. They are movie nerds. Other roomie has a long-distance girlfriends still on the East Coast, and he just ran into his room to talk to her again. He's going to get a tumor; he's talked to her for six hours today. Maybe I should purchase him an earpiece and offer a lesson on electromagnetic waves and cancer-prevention. I think it would be a nice thing.

Ugh now roomies are having in depth conversation about comic books. I have just started blaring Janis Joplin. They are ignoring. Now blaring Alabama. Also, no rise. I give up. I'm leaving.