Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Today I swung by Kitson, a boutique of kitsch and cool frequented by celebs and touted to be cutting edge. I needed to do some more research for my style report since it is due in the morning. Though the store was cool, the visit was less than stellar, mostly because I kept getting the same feeling in the pit of my stomach when I would be in the stacks at the library looking for sources the night before a paper was due. Collleeeeege.

Kitson was basically like Fred Segal--filled with overpriced things you'd have to be crazy--or crazy rich--to buy. Hmm, should I pay my rent or buy this $400 distressed cotton hoodie? Life decisions are difficult. There was a tanktop with a cupcake on it that I was really tempted by, but it was $85. Kitson also had a variety of cupcake candles and two kinds of cupcake books. So there you have it: new trend is cupcakes. I've been onto that one for a lonnnng time. Maybe I am hip after all.