Thursday, July 28, 2005

I want to write a TV show. Or a movie. Or something. I think I'll do that when I get home.
Right now, I am at work. Dying a slow and horrible death from boredom. It's pathetic, really, but I can't do it. I think I need more adventure in my life. Plus, my tailbone hurts from sitting in this chair all day.

Whomp.

Today I woke up on time and washed my face and brushed my teeth and prepared a lunch of yogurt with sliced peaches and frozen blueberries and high-protein cereal to bring with. During lunch I sat at desk and worked on style thing and ate my conglomeration and felt like I was in a commericial. The voiceover was saying that I was going to be able to fit into my bikini this weekend and that I'd be more energized this afternoon. Two things: the energy thing was a lie, and the bikini thing, really, who can't fit into a bikini. The part that might not fit over a swollen stomach doesn't exist, so there's plentry of room for it to all hang out.

Pshaw.

Last night all roomies and friend from school who just moved out here to be an actress went to see a sneak screening of RED EYE, new Wes Craven movie starring Rachel McAdams. I like her. Wes Craven is sort of lame, but she made the movie. She rocks. Moving on, Wedding Crashers is also fantastic and all people should see it. Very funny. Vince Vaughn is a winner on screen--off, I've heard he is le lame. Oh, well. Also, a long time ago, I wrote a long spiel about how celebrities are just people, whatever, blahblahblah. I would like to amend that statement by pointing out that there is a difference between, say, Brad Pitt the person and Brad Pitt the celebrity. Brad Pitt the person is attractive, yes, but he is just a guy. Brad Pitt the celebrity, though, is an idea, and that idea sells. I would imagine the happiest celebs are the ones that embrace the fact that there is a character they have to play publicly in some sense, in order to keep the real them private. Basically what I am saying is that Tom Cruise is actually a smart, compassionate, compelling, sane person.