Saturday, August 13, 2005

A friend from home has been visiting for the past few days, and now that he's gone, depression abounds. That's not really true. But I miss being around a best friend and talking about home and home people and all things wonderful.

Past few nights has been lots of bars and fun and life and love and pursuit of happiness. Also, shopping. I bought a necklace made out of big blue and turquoise beads. I like it. My friend bought designer jeans and a designer bag and some sunglasses and one of everything in the store where I work. We took a lot of pictures and drove around the mountains with one of the roomies and went to a museum called the Getty and it was wonderful and lovely. Friend hates LA--thinks it's trash, minus the fab shops. His visit has thrown me for a loop, as now am harboring inner wishes to flee city and go home. Though I suppose these haven't been completely foreign thoughts--it's hard not to wonder what life would be like one the other coast when things here are so unstable and unsure.

Am trying not to think about things, as have no tools yet to figure them out.

Oh, and in other news, car doesn't start again. Universe is on my side, obvi.